Friday, July 31, 2009

Chinchilla's?

I'm discussing with my fiance about getting a chinchilla by the end of the year. I had a chinchilla a couple years back which I bought from a pet store. I ended up finding out that he was sick when I bought him but I still tried keeping him until he died. So I'm not found of the idea of buying one from a pet shop again. Can anyone recommend reliable breeders or rescue's in the southern MA area?
Answers:
You can rescue one go to www.petfinder.com and on the bar on the left side of the home page search for small and furry put in you zipcode and search!!
Chinchallas r very difficult to keep alive..iv had three from pet stores.my first one died and my second was a monster..my third one was a great pet.pick a young one and get the book and follow it..it worked for me
chinchillas are not difficult to keep alive! we have 3.

standard gray male, 3 years old
mosiac white female, 2 years old
new baby mixed from them, 1 month old

as long as they are not sick when you get them, and you clean their cage regularly, give them the right food and hay, have the right bedding for their cage, and plenty of water, they are great pets. Do Not give them too many treats (raisins, ect.) it can cause diarrhea.
You can also look up breeder on this site:

http://members.aol.com/sirchin/chininfo..

No comments:

Post a Comment