Thursday, July 30, 2009

Can you train a honeybear hamster to sleep at night?

My best friend just got one and said he sleeps at night! But I know that they r up moving all night! Can you train them?
Answers:
no there naturally nocturnal
No, hamsters by nature are nocturnal animals.
No. They are nocturnal animals.

I would imagine if you tried it would create stress on the poor little thing.

When we had our Hamster, Stewart, he would always get up to play early evening and we always had time to enjoy him. He lived three years. We still miss him.
I used to breed hamsters, every individual hamster has its own routine, some will stay up all night, some will sleep through some of the night and then be awake for the rest and some sleep all through the night, the best time to catch them awake is in the evening, when they wake up to eat, but mainly they are nocturnal. Dont try to train the hamster to sleep all night because it can stress it and eventually it will die. Lovely little animals though
Hamsters are naturally nocturnal. Hamsters will sleep when they feel tierd. You cannot train them to a different bedtime, it can be very stressful, which can lead to wet tail, or death. :-/

I have had hamsters my WHOLE life. Since I was 2. I have addapted to it. What I did was I moved the cage out of my room and gradually brought the cage closer and closer to my room until it was in my room, I found I had gotten so used to it.

Is it the squeeking of the wheel? Veggie oil works great.
Only if you keep them up all day.
I think you mean teddy bear hamster. No, you can't train them. They are nocturnal animals, and are going to be up much more at night than during the day. Training them to do something against their nature is not the best way to do things.

If the hamster is keeping her up at night, then maybe move the cage out of the same room at night.
Hamsters are nocturnal animals.

No comments:

Post a Comment