Thursday, July 30, 2009

cat not moving hind legs what could be wrong? cat can't walk all of a sudden?

Our 13 week old kitty all of sudden today is not moving her hind legs she tries to stand on them for sometime and then seems she loses movement in them. we are going to take her to ER if she doesn't improve within the hour
Answers:
I had a cat once that got into a fight while he/she was out playing. Once I called him/her back into the house, I notice a small hole in his/her back (I say him/her because we never knew the sex of our cat). Later that day, the cat stopped walking. everything was functional except for his/her legs. I took my cat to the vet and they told me that the only way I could get this cat walking again is if I paid 3,000 plus for his/her operation %26 "walking" equipment and medicine (walking equipment: a little kitty wheelchair). I didn't have anywhere near enough so I had to simply put my cat to rest. Sad to say, but I left the vet crying all the way home. :( hope you have enough to save your poor kitty's life.


Basically, the cat caught an infection from another cat causing paralysis. Nothing can be done except extensive operations and treatments way beyond reasoning.
If an outdoor cat, she may have been struck by a car or attacked by a dog. If indoors only, she may have injured her back by jumping from a high spot and landing poorly, or she may have some sort of virus.

Either way, you should take her to the vet ASAP.
maybe parvo?
Taking her to the emergency vet makes sense.

Good luck.
Don't wait--go to the emergency room NOW if you can. This could be serious. Are there any bite marks along the spine? Kitty may have been bitten by a larger animal which would immobilize the legs. Poor little muggins must be really confused.

Don't wait or even take the time to answer this--go to the vet NOW, please!

Hug Kitty for me.

All will be well.
Happened to our cat because was kicked or stepped on by a horse. She was like this for months when 1 day started to walk again but later in life had problems with going to the bathroom because of scar tissue and after a few times of having to be reamed out we finally had to have her put down. Because of the cost and more frequent each time.
it could be parvo.:0(
HEY, I know, TAKE IT TO THE VETS, why waste your time on this stupid thing while its considered a emergency jackass

No comments:

Post a Comment