Thursday, July 30, 2009

Can you use ultrasonic spider repellents if you have a pet bunny?

i want to get one of those bug repellent things that plug into the wall, but some say they repel mice and I am worried it will bother my pet bunny, it says safe for pets, but I am not sure if that is just for cats and dogs. Hlelp?
Answers:
mine has an insect sound and a separate sound for rodents.
I would think they would be safe.from what i've had there safe to spiders too!..lol.
The ultrasonic pest repellants are safe for pet rabbits. These items do not really work 100% like the producers claim so your rabbit is safe with this product. It is great that you are concerned about the environment that you are keeping your pet in, there are a lot of pet owners out there that really don't care about their pets environment.
I asked my vet this question and he said to stay away from it.
The answer to this question depends on the particular model you're looking to get, and your particular bunny. Look for one that like mentioned above has separate settings for rodents and insects (some even have a third setting just for spiders--my parents had one like this that never bothered any of my rabbits--we even have 3 in our breeding room now to keep the insects out, and no one's had any problems with them). Plug it in and try it. If your bunny starts acting up (biting, scratching, shaking his/her head, acting like he/she is in pain, trying to dig his/her way out of the room), stop using it immediately. Hope it helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment