Friday, July 31, 2009

chilean rose eggsac?

my chilean rose (shirley) has produced an eggsac and ive taken it away from her and put it in a container with vermiculite as a substrate. ive heard that when you take the eggsac away from her you are ment to roll the eggsac around for some strange reason, could anyone tell me this reason and how often i should do this?
Answers:
I've never heard of doing that before! I own tarantulas myself and I've also written a book on keeping tarantulas as pets and I've never, ever heard of that method. I think I'd be considering the source of your information? If you're refering to rotation of the eggsac during it's incubation period, it's to make sure it gets an even amount of warmth and also gives you the opportunity to make sure the sac is doing well and still in tact but while doing that, you need to be sure to be very careful and not apply too much pressure to the sac. You don't want to hurt your babies! If you'd like some more information, I'd go to the site botarby8s.com and email the breeder, Charles Black and ask him about anything you want to know. He's been doing this for many, many, many years and can give you some great advice. Congrats on your eggsac and soon to be spiderlings! Good luck to you.
Shirley
are they a spider, no i have never heard of this before sorry i am not much help to you dear

No comments:

Post a Comment