Friday, July 31, 2009

Check out savedahorses.com tell me what you think. What should we do about this?


Answers:
women should know that thousands of innocent foals are slaughtered every year because of a drug for menopause called PREMARIN -pregnant mares are kept in stalls 23 hours a day while their urine is collected - pregnant mare urine produces a hormone used in this drug
these are called PMU barns (PMU- pregnant mare urine) the problem is that thousands of foals are considered "by-Products" and are killed

if you know of anyone who uses this drug - let them know there are better alternatives and to talk to their doctors about switching

people who keep exotic big cats (lions, etc) often feed them horse meat so we should discourage this kind of animal being kept for pets.. big cats dont want to be pets anyhow
Couldn't find it
OMG I knew that it was going on but until you actually see pics it does not register. I understand about the food chain people slaughter cows and pigs chickens and deer ect. for food but horse meet is not something that people can buy legally so there for they should not be able to slaughter them. I personally dont eat meat so I say ban all animal slaughtering but then we would become so overwhelmed with wildlife that it would cause a lot of accidents. so I contradict myself all the time. I know that it needs to be done but I dont have to like it.
Are you prepared to take on the financial burden of crippled and dangerous horses,,,, ?
i agree with the answer above. it's true.

No comments:

Post a Comment