Monday, May 24, 2010

Do dogs and cats have souls?

My dog has some very human qualities such as being extremely spoiled and stubborn. I am just curious as to what you think.
Answers:
Any creature that their only reason for living is to protect and or comfort you, have souls They are animal souls and therefore incabable of lying or deceit. Unlike their human companions they do not jeopardize their souls, so there is a special place for them in heaven.
i think Cats especially do dogs do too
yea, duh.
i think they do!
I think they do.
It's vain to think we are the only beings with a soul.
I don't believe so.
dogs are just like humans..of course they have souls!! my dog has feelings about certain things we do.we know how hes feeling by the way he acts.also, one time one of my dogs got runovered and died, his brother was howling and crying..it was so0o0 sad!!
They have to have souls.have they ever given you one of those sooo human looks like; I am in pain or I am happy. Dogs each have their own personalities just like people. They have to have a soul because I want to come back as one in my next life.Like you said, they are spoiled. at least mine are too!
Not according to Christians.
Which is another reason I'm an atheist.
no and you will burn for that hell fire just kidding
ask them!
yes I do and I one day hope to be reunited with all of my favorite friends, my dogs and cats!
I've often told my husband that our male poodle Snowball who has lived with us since November of 2005 at the age of 3 months isn't like a dog to me, he acts like a little boy. I've only heard him bark at the left next door neighbor (she's a witch). To us he makes noises, kind of like Snoopy would make. A loud yawning/complaint like noise when we're ignoring him (according to him) and a grumble noise when he doesn't get his way. Our newer dog who is a female poodle is more like a dog to me, she barks to get our attention.
I think it is somewhat ludacris to think that only human beings have souls - - or to think that only animals who act like humans (as you said your dog does) have a soul. Humans are the only creatures who commit genocide, drop bombs, wage war etc. Is this the criteria for having a soul?

I think every living thing has a soul.
Well Tracy, I for one don't believe in souls, but you said it, your dog has some "human" qualities, that may be because life is one and we all share so many things in common, like genes, for example. millions of years of evolution.. Monkeys, Dolphins, to name a few, also show "human" qualities don't they? So, just try to love every creature, be nice to them, and you'll see how beautiful ALL life can be. Even plants! Sometimes they react to your actions, like when you water them, speak to them (that's because you're giving them extra carbon dioxide, which is their food! although that's a lot less poetic, sorry)

You don't really have to believe in souls and things like that, but it's fine if you do.

Things are beautiful and perfect just as they are. Enjoy!
Yes because they bring so much joy into our lives.
no, though they do have feelings.
Some people BELIEVE no but it isn't a direct answer. it depends on what that person BELIEVES in. i BELIEVE that animals have souls.
Animals have a spirit of life and sometimes very human qualities, but do not have a soul in the sense of life after death. I do believe that God certainly has the power and authority to breath life back into an animal and believe that I may possibly see my pets again some day in heaven. In the meantime, they sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment