Monday, May 24, 2010

Do black crikets normally eat other bugs?

I recently saw a cricket carrying a roach off and today I saw one eat a spider. Does this normally happen? I've always wondered what they ate. Thanks! :D
Answers:
Crickets often eat other insects, and will cannibalize each other. Their main diet consists of vegetable matter. They have also been known to chew on dead non-insect aninals. They eat dead things for extra nutrition.
Crickets will eat others and each other.
I thought if I put a couple crickets in with my tarantula that he would have food for a while. The crickets ate my spiders leg off and it died! Bad bad lesson for me!
Those are mean little buggers!
Great answers! I never knew that! We used to keep them as pets.we'd make lego houses for them, and fill it with toilet paper for them to sleep on. They ate the toilet paper!

Cricket no make good house pet.

No comments:

Post a Comment