Saturday, May 22, 2010

Do animals think the same thoughts as us?


Answers:
You can not think the same thoughts unless you have had the same experiences. So, yes, no and sometimes is the answer
u tell me
where the next penny is coming from I would think so wouldn't you
no but the higher species do have empathy, and feelings.
i dun no
Do you see them arguing about god!! ;)
I don't know but I know animals think Like men. God have you ever went hunting when a buck is in Rut. All they care about is their pecker (like men) and that gets them shot. Horny males!
I'm not an animal whisperer
"where did i leave my keys?", 'oh, God i didn't pay my bills", ya, they have the same thoughts as us. lol
I doubt it. I think my cat is thinking "feed me" but I've never said that to him. We do think the same thoughts about dogs though and both run the other way.
I think so but with less drama
Yes, at this very moment I can sense that there is a horse thinking 'What shall I do for my girlfriends birthday party?' which is exactly what I am thinking. We are all too similar.
I don't know. Maybe. Look it up in the internet.
ask em.
dunno
Makes you wonder sometimes; doesn't it? No, I don't think so, they just have doggie thoughts.
yes, they do.
they think why is it the worse my farts smell the more i enjoy them, but when somebody else makes the same smell i think its digusting?
yea could be
If they're thinking "Bloody hell, another Monday" then definately. yes!
am pretty sure when u become attached to your pet it predicts your thoughts. i have a yorkshire terrier but it can feel my moods.if am in playful mood or not,amsure it can tell.
Some intelligent animals may share a few basic thoughts but not many.Anger, fear, hunger, love, comfort, pain..
Maybe some thoughts. For some reason when I look into my puppy's eyes,I sort of feel like I know his feelings. Hes really smart.except the times he crashes into the walls or screen door.
I think they have their own agenda. When is she going to feed me, when can I go out, why must I keep getting the ball for you-stop throwing it. I don't think they worry about house payments or gas mileage or what to wear out tonight.
Your thoughts are a product of your body, your mind, your education, your friends, your culture, and so on. Animals don't have your body, your mind, your education, and so on, so . no, they don't have the same thoughts.

What thoughts they DO have is an entirely different question.
people say thay do when they bark. There way of talking to us is barking, whining and being in curtian positions to tell us what they want us to do
I have no idea what goes on in my muts head!
I would like to think he's thoughts are happy. :)
Which animal? There are sea slugs and I don't think they think much at all. Gorillas? Now they might have something going on upstairs. My cat seems to think but only on a limited range of subjects- How to get me out of bed to feed her, Why the other cat needs to get out of her yard, How to get my attention. And so on.
There is something going on but just how much and what about is a mystery
Well, this is an exhibit that鈥檚 very unique for a zoo. We are looking at the subject of animal cognition, animal thinking, and the exhibit is as much about the subject as it is about the process, the scientific process of investigating thinking. And what we鈥檙e really hoping is that we narrow that gap between us and them, and really get people to see that other animals have the ability to think.
What does thinking involve?
our definition, it involves three things. It involves image, which is the ability to make a mental picture of something. Intention, which is basically a goal, and flexibility. Now, flexibility is really important because that鈥檚 the aspect of the definition that one can look at by looking at animal behavior. So, if an animal has an image and an intention, and it sets out to accomplish something, if the first plan fails, this ability to come out with maybe a second or a third plan, Plan A, Plan B, is what鈥檚 really the critical part of our definition.

Now, we have lots of examples of behavior in Think Tank. We look at a broad range of behaviors, and it鈥檚 really important to discern what behaviors are based on instinct, or are genetically hard wired from trained behaviors from innate, flexible thinking behavior. We鈥檙e looking at thinking behavior in three areas. We鈥檙e looking at tool use, language, and social behavior here in Think Tank. These are the three areas that traditionally scientists have used to gain insight into thinking behavior. And we鈥檙e looking at a variety of species, not only orangutans; Sulawesi macaques, a type of monkey; hermit crabs; archer fish; and leaf cutter ants.
who knows?
I suspect that animals are much more 'instinctive' and driven and less rational and contemplative than us. i.e. If they think it they do it - unless they've been trained not too.

Ofcourse they dont have language either so their thinking is probably rather base and impulsive than ours I suspect.

No comments:

Post a Comment