Saturday, May 22, 2010

Did you know that cat litter is making the sea otters extint?

People in California are flushing their cat litter into the toilet. And when it goes out to sea, the sea otters digest the used cat litter, and they are getting toxoplasmosis. 7 to 8 dead sea otters wash up on a california shore each week! Pretty soon, there will be no sea otters left. So help spread the word!
Answers:
It's unbelvible, I was shocked when i read the other peoples comments. Most people don't care, they care about themselves only. I for one, think that is horrible and will tell everyone who has a cat! When i had a cat I threw my litter in the woods way behind our house or in the trash can. How thoughtful of you to spread the word. I love otters and i would HATE it if they went exticent.
Good Luck with spreading the word!
okay. i will, even though that sounds a bit odd..
Gees! That's crazy, I can't belive that. Glad I love dogs, don't have to worry about it.
Thats soooo sad I dont have a cat but i will tell everyone that i know that has a cat that thanks alot for the info i will tell alots :)
cat litter is made of clay
you cant flush cat litter down a toilet it will clump up and what do you stalk people in california?
That is so terrible. My heart is breakWHO CARES!
That's not good.
OH MY GOD thank you for finding out-- big enviromentalist person, always trying to find out stuff how did i not know about this?! I AM TELLING EVERYBODY. EVRYBODY!!
thank-you i will spread the word. i have cats ;but i throw their litter in a bag in the trash,,,,that is terrible.poor otters..
I wonder if otter litter would kill cats.

No comments:

Post a Comment