Saturday, May 22, 2010

do animals have souls?

we have been dicussing this in confirmation
Answers:
The Catholic church says no.
I can't say I agree.
I believe they do.
I really believe that they do.
i belive they do. they are the third and second last step in the journey of a soul ie it goes wild animal to domestic animal to human. i belive if u show a pet love and affection it helps bring its soul to the final stage.look into a pets eyes they are so meaningfull and full of expressions. animals are capable of experiencing love, trust and pain and loneliness etc does that not prove they have a soul?
I believe that they do.otherwise, why would psychics be able to see them on the other side?
i am in full support of romashka, i mean, who wants to care for a souless creature, i mean, it might be mean not to, but even if they dont have a soul, umm, yea, im tired, but romashka said everything i would have said, yay romashka!
i don't think so..i do think they feel,but have no since of self awareness.they don't know about death.not consciously..they run on instinct..they don't know they are born to die like we do..
i would have to say yes simply because every species is classified as "animals" including us,we are mammals after all.if we have them then why wouldn't any other animal?
Supposedly if you go to heaven, then everything you need to be perfectly happy will be there waiting for you. So that means your pets would be there if you needed them to make you perfectly happy.

I am not sure they have souls per se, because that would mean they understood the concept of "right" and "wrong" and although I love my pets I do not think they have that ability.

On the other hand I truly believe my 2 dogs are up in heaven with my late husband.
If by animals, you mean the more domesticated mammal (and maybe certain bird) types that can bond to people and love them unconditionally, they probably have more of a human-type soul, and a lot less jive, in them than a lot of people. I think that most people and animals can't get their soul to develop {grow and blossom} when they have to fight tooth and nail for survival and/or don't bond to the rest of their family unit/grouping and receive any available group support, love and affection or has evolved into essentially a cold (reflex action?) killer species like sharks and most other reptiles. If you are including (other) reptiles as animals, any souls that they might have could well be very alien to our concepts of a soul and/or moral concepts of what a soul is.
yes they do..!in my religion hinduism all living things have souls:)..!
If I have one so do my pet.
Yes.I'm sure they do. I mean.if you think about it.humans are animals too. Just because we stand upright doesn't mean we're the only ones that have souls. Plus.at one point of time..we were just like them. Everything evolves and grows.but never soul-less.
Simply put. I BELIEVE yes!
I wish they did but in my confirmation class they say they dont. Im sure there are some perfect animals in heaven.
I am Chatholic and my church says no, but I say yes. Everyone has their own opinion and we will never know untill our time has come.
no

No comments:

Post a Comment