Monday, May 24, 2010

do baby ferrets bit?


Answers:
Anything with a mouth can bite. Ferrets vary on biting. Some will bite a lot and some may bite very little. I worked in petco and we had a ferret that would never bite. It all depends on the animal and how it is treated.
Do they bite? Yes, everything with a mouth can and usually does bite if they feel threatened.
yes,everything dats lives and poop will bite uu!lol
Oh yeah! And hard!
Ferrets bite period. Doesn't matter if they're babies or full grown adults. When they play, they nip. The only way I have found to discourage the nipping is to flick the nose and say no bite when they do it. Enough times, and they will eventually get the message. No one likes to get their nose flicked. If the ferret hasn't been trained yet, I would keep it away from your nose and ears as well as anything they could grab hold of.learned that one the hard way when I worked for a pet supply warehouse and had to deal with 20-30 ferrets each week. Fortunately, my ear healed quickly, it wasn't a bad bite, just painful.

I don't want to discourage you from getting one, they are adorable pets, and the comic relief you get from watching them play is more than worth the price of a band-aid! Had three myself at one time, they were great pets.
Yes. And if you antagonize them, they'll bite pretty hard. I've been bitten by my baby ferret, and it was only playing. Be careful.
I agree with Katie !

I have two ferrets and they didn't bite when they
were young kits and they do not bite now.
They have been raised with love and a
gentle hand.

Ferrets will nip when playing but that is not a bite,
when ever something bites you, believe me you
know.
All ferrets bite until you teach them not to. They are just like kids no pun intended I just bop mine on the nose lightly and tell her no.
Yes, they do. And baby ferrets have sharp, sharp teeth!

The best way to stop biting is to scruff the ferret like it's mom would, and let it sit and think about why it's being scruffed. They hate not being able to go where they want to!

Never hit or flick the ferret. I run a ferret shelter. Ferrets become nasty when you do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment