Sunday, August 2, 2009

did you ever get sprayed by a skunk?


Answers:
I never did, but once my dad was hurrying out to work on night shift, and it wasn't until the moment he'd opened his car door and was just about to get in that he noticed a skunk beside him on the driveway, so it sprayed him -- and INTO his new car!!

Funny, these 40 years later, one of my favorite stories
no but im sure it would be disgusting!!
no, have you?
yeah it is very painful from the stink, have u?
Missed that experience
nope
no , but I am sure it would be an unforgettable experience.
No but I know people and pets that have. Bath with tomatoe juice and rinse real well.
i've been around one that had just sprayed. very very horrible smell.
No, but my auntie's dog was sprayed one night, then ran in the doggie door, jumped on my bed and starting rolling and rubbing the stink off on me. Does that count?
I thought I was gonna die. The stink actually made me completely sick and gave me a headache. The smell lasted days too.
I HATE nature. :)


EDIT
There are actually people who like the smell and wish it could be perfume. Doctors say it is a misfire in their brains. Yeah, you think?
Phew! Hope I never do!
One summer our dog got sprayed THREE times. It was awful, and she was so unhappy. Tomato juice works, but have you ever seen what a sad, smelly PINK dog looks like. We finally found a professional product which is designed to kill the worst odors in kennels and so on. We bathed her is a dilute solution of that, and could tolerate her in the house again.
No, but my wife is a wildlife rehabber and got sprayed by 4 at once while giving them a bath. Thank the Gods that she knows the formula to get rid of the smell (NOT tomato juice).
OHHHHH Yeah. Lovely experience. Love the tomato juice bath, I felt like a big bowl of veggy soup. No joke it happen.
When I do educational programs, this is by FAR my favorite question that I am asked. Up until last year, I could have said no, but that status has since changed. I was out doing a rescue on 10 baby skunks whose mother was killed by a car. While collecting them, I startled three which all sprayed me. Thank goodness that they were just babies and didn't spray as much as an adult would have.but let me tell you.the stuff BURNS when it comes into contact with skin! I can understand why dogs cry so much when it happens to them. White vinegar takes the smell out so much better than tomato juice.

No comments:

Post a Comment