Sunday, August 2, 2009

Could a pet have a mental disease?

I always wondered if a dog or cat could have a mental disorder and I never knew if it was true.
Answers:
yes, my dogs are a hunting breed and they suffer from anxiety and separation disorder. The one just sits at the door and drools until I return. He purposely pees on the floor when I leave no matter how long I'm gone or when he last went outside. Jeez.
It could be possible
of course they have a brain and it works just like ,sometimes better, than ours.
there are real shrinks for animals now too.
Of course a pet can have mental disease. Most of the time, it's triggered by stress, depression or attacks from other pets. A classic example is rabis from a dog. That's why in Japan, they've come up with massage therapy and acupunture for dogs to help them cope with stress.
I asked my vet on this one. She said no. But your dog or cat may have something else wrong so see a vet.
pets as you know are so understanding of there human parnters,and have feelings the same as we do thats what makes them good compainions.So given that you are able to suffer mental illness so can pets it can stem from abuse raised hands,even a person type like a man in shorts that hit my dog after that he would bite men old wearing shorts,so there is a mental disorder as we know it but to the animal it may be because he she feel threatend..be extra loving it will heal all wounds.
Yes they can. Rent a very old classic movie called Old Yeller.
yes they can when our daughter moved out our lab got anxiety and separation disorder he tore every curtain off of every window in my house then he started freaking out when it stormed i took him to the vet and they gave me some meds but i didn't like the way it made him so druged out it. wasn't his normal self so i just used them when it stormed poor boy passed away but we had 12 1/2 wonderful years with him
They are as sensitive as human beings.

The only difference is that they
cannot hear comments made by
us or react to it.

They may understand our behavior
and often some discussion, about him,
but cannot communicate.
They communicate with their actions.
They also get depressed as we do.
They also get angry as we do.
They also appreciate love as we do.
They can display their likings.
When hungry, they can make you understand.

THEY CAN NOT SPEAK LIKE US.
THEY ARE ALSO PRONE TO MENTAL ILLNESS.

I visit a friends' house, whenever I am
in that city. He has a small dog at home
She loves me too much. When ever I
visit his house, before I press the Door Bell,
the dog would find my smell and call my
friend to open the door. They are also
astonished for her behavior.

When the lady of the house comes to
greet me, the dog would not take rest,
till I am served with a cup of tea and
biscuits. The dog would, gently bite
her(ladys') frock and try to force her to the
kitchen to get biscuits first to his friend i.e., me.
They way she (dog) behaves is wonderful.
She would, as if, ask me why I visited
their house after such a long time.
She loves my son as well.
When I enter the house, she would look
for my son.
corse, my cosin's dog is dethly afrade of side walks,
Yes, it's possible if the mental condition is in the genes (heredity) or if the animal suffered trauma.

No comments:

Post a Comment