Sunday, August 2, 2009

Did my rabbit bite me?

My rabbit only bites me when I'm not looking!?
When I was not looking once I felt a sensation on my hand while my bunny was there and i don't know if it was a bite. Then one time. I was sleeping and let her hop around my bed and I felt something that hurt on my cheek then I opened my eyes and my rabbit was there. Was this a bite? she nudges my feet too- does she do this to get attention?
Answers:
Sounds like you have a happy bunny that loves you and wants your attention.
Our bunnies bite us for a couple of reasons: one - they have presented for petting (head down) and we ignored them, so a soft nip is in order. Two - they nudged us for petting and we ignored them. Three - they are grooming us and find a little spot that needs more grooming, so they bite it off.
maybe ure rabbit wants to PLAY w/ you
she pinched you to see if you were awake
Yes. I used to play 'tag' with my rabbit when I was a kid. It would nibble at me, then I would pat it on the sides and run away. It would chase me and nibble again.. soon it learned to run away too!

Lot's of fun!
Yup, she nipped you, and they do it to get attention. They also think it is a rather neat trick. My Snuggles will sneak up behind me when I am stooping to clean the litter boxes and nip my butt. Not hard, just a little nip, and then she sits there, and I swear she is laughing. You can read it in their eyes.
do U have orange hair ?
Could be a sign that the rabbit wants attention or to be played with.
Yes, rabbits bite. You will no if she doesn't like you.
Yes
yep. she wants attention. my Ester Bun bit me the other day and i think it's because we have a new puppy and Ester hasn't been getting her usual allotment of play and pets. jealous bunny.

No comments:

Post a Comment