Sunday, August 2, 2009

designer Puppies..?

Ok so this kinda makes me mad. How can people still sell peekapoos %26 jackapoos jackapugs all those MIXED breeds as "designer puppies" ? years a go they were considered mutts %26 given away for free. Most of these dogs are being sold for the price of a pure bred %26 MOST are Probably accidents. Yet people still buy them for $400-$800 WHY!? Go to the pound %26 adopt a poor mutt who really needs a good home. Instead of paying crazy amount of money.

I was just curious as to why people try to rip people off by selling them as desingers %26 why do people even pay that much for them?
Answers:
I don't know why anyone would get these kinds of dogs when there are dogs in the shelters that are perfectly good dogs and they are put to sleep everyday. I got my dog from the shelter she might not be the prettiest dog but she is a really good dog.

My friend bought a puggle for 500 bucks and I thought he was crazy. Puggle is mix pug and beagle.

I would never buy a designer or purebred dog when I know lots of perfectly fine dogs are being put down in shelters. I agree with you that its a rip off.
coz they're rare..
people like to go with the fads.
with the whole poodles mix thing- they have a special hair as opposed to fur. People are not allergic to it. When they mix the poodle they get dogs that people aren't allergic to that don't look like poodles. So its nice for people who want to own dogs but are allergic.
They are not rare. It's just some gimick. Just like the Digitalized pets when they came out. Everyone just wanted one because "it was the in thing" to do.

It also comes down to the "supply and demand" thing. If there's a huge demand and short supply, people figure they can make money off of mutts. Once there's no demand, I don't see them selling for that much. They will be considered regular mutts (not like there's anything wrong with mutts, trust me).

I think it's sick. I have a BFM myself. (BFM=beloved family mutt).

Mutts rule!

--Beth (Bailley's mom)
IT IS JUST WRONG!!
the world is filled with 'wierd' people, and we find it ridiclous that it happens!

it's sad to see that there are many unwanted animals in the shelters that nobody wants, yet the sale of pets are generally increasing.
i guess, its because, if its free (when you adopt them from shelters), the pets have no value. but if you fork out your own money to buy the pet, it's priceless.

on a personal note, i just adopted a ckcs (king charles spaniel). guess what? the previous owner discarded it to me immediately (when i express my interest to adopt her). why? because, someone gave it to her as a gift. so, to her, this dog has no value (altho' its a purebreed). i adopted her because, i heard from another friend that this poor dog was caged 24/7 in the house! the previous owner had wanted to 'throw her out to the streets' if she can't find someone to adopt her soon.
i can never forget how yoyo came into my life.her previous owner just dump me her cage, cheap food %26 leftover shampoo to me without looking back @ yoyo.can you imagine that!?

right now, yoyo is a happy, naughty %26 active pooch! however, she's a 'stubborn' pooch to train (due to her traumatic past), but she is definately sweet- natured.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwpksp4gx.
People try to sell them and rip people off beacause they just can. As long as there are stupid, uneducated pet owners/prospective pet owners out there, people will continue to breed these "mutts" and sell them for way more than what they should be sold for.

They are not rare, and I have seen so many "doodles" in the shelters who have been dumped because they SHED and they owner was ALLERGIC. I'm a groomer, believe me, Doodle breeds DO shed.

I have often wondered, that if the shelters would make up come cutesy name for every mixed breed in there, and put the word rare on the info card, if more people would go to the shelters to get a dog??
I noticed that most people on her rant about the designer puppies
%26lt;---This is mine. Her name is Cashew and she is a Pug/Shar Pei mix.

Guess what I didn't pay an arm and leg for her, I found her on petfinder.com and adopted her. But now with her in our lives I would be willing to pay anything for her. She is really sweet and so gentle with my 10 month old daughter.

People are going to buy dogs, designer or not, regardless what people think. What matters is that they are being loved and taken care of.

No comments:

Post a Comment