Sunday, August 2, 2009

Crickets and other small bugs!?

Whilst sitting on the wall at lunch, smoking a quick cigarette, I noticed 2 crickets!
It was quite windy, the trees were swaying (quite a bit), and my hair was all over the gaff!

how comes these crickets didn't get blown away (along with other little bugs that weigh, well, not much!)
Answers:
Because they are extremely heavy.. you try picking one of the little bstards up
sticky feet
sticky feet!
Velcro feet
Definitely, sticky feet!

The crickets were thinking "HOLD ON for dear life!"
first-whats a gaff!
second-they have sticky feet, honest
suction cup feet just like flies
They were waiting for Buddy Holly
Crickets (along with many other insects) have small hook-like protrusions on their legs and feet to allow them to grasp smooth surfaces. Hope that helps!
sticky like the underside of catapillars
They have little hook things on their feet, I think most insects do. I used to have real trouble getting my hissing cockroaches off my hand and in to their tank.
Small barb like structures on their feet so they can grip. give a sticky feeling when touched.
I get them on the front of my house, but not the back where it is much more windy.
They have tiny hairs on their feet that act a bit like Velcro as do moths and butterflies

No comments:

Post a Comment