Friday, May 8, 2009

can you give degu's pine tree branches?

We have some left over Christmas tree branches and I was wondering if they are safe to give to my degu's
Answers:
I wouldn't let them have it.

I found a great site for checking types of wood for my degus: -
http://www.btinternet.com/~p.long/deguto.

"Safe woods include eating apple, hazel, hawthorn and kiln dried pine. These woods must be cleaned and dried before your degu can chew them. Don't give your degu any other types of wood as almost all are toxic to degus."
I don't know what a DEGU'S is. but Pine tree Branch's are not good for any bird species.throw them away..try apple, pear, or cherry branch"s .just be sure you wash them first..my bird's
love to chew on the branch's,,,they make a mess, but it make's them happy
No!, toss them away. pine branches can cause all sorts of problems for rodents. especially the sap. give regular cured chew sticks for best results.

No comments:

Post a Comment