Friday, May 8, 2009

Can you eat slugs ?

Snails, yes, I know and a slug, surely, is just a homeless snail.
Do you think the flavour of the snail`s vagrant cousin would be improved or impaired by having it`s body exposed to the elements for the duration of it`s, frankly, peculiar life ?
Recipe suggestions are very welcome, we all love to cook now don`t we !
Answers:
let me have it it for my artificial snail racing first(see my questions) then we can round them all up and have slug casserole
no
dont please.
You can, why you would want to I have no idea.
Sure. Should be easier to eat than those little bastards that won't come out their houses.
Egocentric animals, really.
try it and see. add some viegar and salt to taste.
slug, surely, is just a homeless snail.
LOL
I wouldn't suggest trying it. I can't imagine wanting to eat something like that.
Best raw with a pinch of salt.
eww, this question has upsetted my stomack:( feeling sick:(
Slugs cooked in Bitter or even Lager, disgusting I feel sick now
i'm more curious as to why you put this under Insurance. Slugs.. i'm not sure about that one, but one can always try. what about barbeque? that never fails.
I guess you could lightly crumb them..deep fry and serve them on a lovely bunch of lettuce leaves..yum yum. not!!
http://www.hallman.org/indian/slug.html.
Yuk, Im sure you can but not my idea of good food.
You can, but you shouldn't.
mmm good source of protein! You eat some! I'll pass.
you go right ahead. a little garlic and oil prob be good.ugh.
They did it on fear factor. They are REALLY slimey and personally i can't see why anyone would even want to try to eat one. But, hey, to each his own.
only if your fast enough to catch them.
Definitely don't add salt- it will just bubble and foam into a great big mess.
I would cook it- add it to a salad. Who knows, it may be considered an American Delicacy someday!
Yack!!Recipe idea ..Throw salt all over it and watch it disintegrate!
Why not, once you get past the slime and them little antenna's tickling your tonsils, you'll be good to go
Sure, they will slide right down your throat with very little effort. I used to feed my pet snake slugs.
Hello Dad you're a fool! Stop bothering these people with your silly questions.

P.S. Shouldn't this be in the 'Food and Drink' section?
BLAH!! Excuse me while I .bla.

No comments:

Post a Comment